- Dual moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with mono vinyl records*
- Aluminum cantilever with 0.6 mil conical stylus
- Strong, rigid body construction of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin
- PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) coil enables pure signal transfer
- Compatible with stereo playback systems
* This cartridge with 0.6 mil conical stylus is not compatible with SP (standard play) shellac records. It is designed to play microgroove 33-1/3 vinyl records.
The AT-MONO3/LP is a high-output (1.2 mV) moving coil cartridge designed specifically for use with mono vinyl records.* Due to the horizontal configuration of its PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting) voice coils, the AT-MONO3/LP cartridge only generates electrical signal with horizontal movement, yet it also has appropriate compliance in the vertical direction, making it safe for use with stereo records. The voice coils are wired in series, resulting in one mono signal that is transmitted to the cartridge’s white-blue terminals and red-green terminals in order to feed both inputs of a stereo phono preamp.
The cartridge’s low-mass 0.6 mil conical stylus is mounted on an aluminum cantilever for excellent tracking performance. Because the AT-MONO3/LP does not easily pick up unnecessary strain components from distorted or scratched records, it produces mono audio of a much higher quality than that generated by a stereo cartridge. The cartridge features a strong, rigid body of die-cast aluminum alloy and synthetic resin to eliminate unnecessary vibrations.
* This cartridge with 0.6 mil conical stylus is not compatible with SP (standard play) shellac records. It is designed to play mono microgroove 33-1/3 vinyl records.
|Cartridge & Stylus|
|Frequency Response||20-20,000 Hz|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||23°|
|Vertical Tracking Force||1.5-2.5 g (2.0 g standard)|
|Stylus Construction||0.6 mil|
|Recommended Load Impedance||400-47,000 ohms*|
|Coil Impedance||40 ohms (1 kHz)|
|DC Resistance||40 ohms|
|Coil Inductance||190 µH (1 kHz)|
|Output Voltage||1.2 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)|
|Stylus Shape||0.6 mil conical|
|Static Compliance||20 x 10-6 cm/dyne|
|Dynamic Compliance||7 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)|
|Dimensions||16.0 mm (0.63") H × 16.6 mm (0.65") W × 26.5 mm (1.04") D|
|Accessories Included||Non-magnetic screwdriver; 2 washers; 2 nuts; cartridge installation screws (13 mm × 2, 20 mm × 2); plastic protector; brush; PCOCC lead wire set|
|Body Material||Aluminium/Synthetic Resin|
|Mounting Feature||Half-inch mount|
|Stylus Size||Bonded round shank|
|Type||Horizontal Mono Moving Coil|
|Weight||6.8 g (0.24 oz)|
|Notes||Note: Stylus assembly is not field-replaceable.|
* When connected to the MC input of a transformer-less phono pre-amp, choose a lower gain position due to the high output voltage (1.2 mV).